- Name of Partner / Subrecipient: Puerto Rico Science, Research And Technology Trust
- Program / Division: Re-Grow PR Urban-Rural Agriculture Program
- DUNS No.: 061372344
- Execution Date: 08/14/2020
- End Date: 08/14/2023
- Total Amount: $30,471,999.52
- Brief Description: According to the approved current Action Plan, Puerto Rico intends to undertake the Re-Grow Puerto Rico - Urban Rural Agriculture Program (hereinafter, Re- Grow" or "the Program"). Re-Grow will build agricultural capacity and meet the needs created by the hurricanes through a substantial investment of Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recover (CDBG-DR) funds in a wide variety of viable and sustainable agricultural activities. Citizens served by the program will be diverse; spanning from urban to rural areas and across all ages. The Program will focus on small farms and agricultural businesses and non-governmental organizations engaged in sustainable agricultural activities that contribute to the strengthening of the agricultural economy since the hurricanes. Challenges with urbanization, population migration, and land use change will be addressed through urban agriculture and technology deployment. Battered agricultural infrastructure will be improved to withstand future climatic uncertainties. The Program will expose individuals to agricultural opportunities while simultaneously helping established producers create employment opportunities across the sector.