It is an allocation of funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), available when the president declares a major disaster and there are significant unmet needs for long-term recovery.
The Puerto Rico Department of Housing has been designated as the entity responsible for administering the funds that will assist in the recovery of the island from disasters caused by the 2017 Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
To invest in a more secure and resilient society, and to achieve a transparent and planned distribution, the funds granted by CDBG-DR will be divided into 4 main categories:
• Economic Development
All CDBG-DR-supported programs provided by HUD must meet one of the program’s national objectives:
• Benefit people from low to moderate economic resources.
• Assist in the prevention or elimination of deteriorating areas.
• Meet an urgent need.
• You can access CONTACT on the website.
• Write an email to: infoCDBG@vivienda.pr.gov
• Call: 787-274-2527 ext. 6400 or 6421
•Send a letter to:
Puerto Rico CDBG-DR Program
P.O. Box 21365 San Juan,
Handling and Maintenance
Duplication of Benefits